Beelink A9 Android TV Box Features Rockchip RK3188 SoC
Beelink A9 is another RK3188 tv box with 2GB RAM, and 8GB Flash running Android 4.2, upgradeable to Android 4.4.2, and if it was not one of the four devices with Android 4.4.2 SDK I may not have decided to write about it. But since it should be more easily hackable with the SDK release, although with caveats, it becomes much more interesting.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.6Ghz with Mali-400MP4 GPU @ 533MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 to 16 GB eMMC flash + microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio I/O – HDMI, S/PDIF, 3.5mm audio out jack, built-in MIC.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR sensor, power LED, power and update button, 2x (internal, optional?) RS232 ports.
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Weight – 225g
- Dimensions – 140mm x 65mm x 59.5mm
The eMMC flash is said to allow for 17MB/s write speed, and 300MB/s read speed, the firmware supports 720p webcam, and OTA updates (I’d assume if the reseller enables it ). The company can also provide BL-P7 gamepad (pictured on the right) with the box, compatible with over 400 games, but the look is quite different from Z6C game controller.
Standard accessories provided with the device include an HDMI cable, an AV cable, a power supply, and an IR remote. There’s no product page on Shenzhen AW Technology / Beelink website, but you can download A9 user’s manual.