ECS LIVA X Bay Trail Mini PCs Support Up to 4GB RAM, Windows and Linux OS
ECS LIVA was on of the first Bay Trail mini PC available on the market, and included both memory and storage. Elitegroup Computer System (ECS) has now officially announced an upgrade at CES 2015 with ECS LIVA X, another Bay Trail-M/I mini PC with up to 4GB, and 64GB storage.
LIVA X specifications:
- SoC – Intel Bay Trail-M / I SoC up to 2.25 GHz. The M version is most probably featuring a dual core Celeron N2808 processor.
- System Memory – 2 or 4GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 or 64GB eMMC + mSATA for SSD. 64Mb SPI Flash ROM with AMI BIOS.
- Video Output – 1x HDMI, 1x VGA. Dual independent displays supported.
- Audio – 1x audio combo jack (LIne In and Mic IN); Realtek ALC283 HD codec
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111G)
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
- Expansion – 1x mini PCIE slot used by wireless module (Wi-FI / BT)
- Other Connectors – 2-pin battery connector, UART debug header, System LED header
- Misc – Power button & LED, large heatsink, Kensington lock.
- Power – 12V/3A.
- Dimensions – 135 x 83 x 40mm (PCB: 115 x 75 mm).
- Weight – 190g
The new LIVA X is very similar to the old LIVA except with a different processor, more memory which is still soldered to the board, as is the eMMC, and one more USB 2.0 port. Dimensions have changed a bit too. The specs don’t list the exact processor, but after looking into the user’s manual, there are lots of reference to an Intel Celeron N2808 at 1.58 GHz (Burst 2.25 GHz), so that must be the one used in the product… The computer supports Windows 8/8.1 32 or 64-bit and Ubuntu from the eMMC, and Windows 7 from an mSATA SSD. A VESA mount is also available.
I could not find any pricing nor availabiliy information, but the original ECS Liva with 2GB RAM/64GB eMMC sells for $199.99 on Newegg, so the new version with 4G RAM/64GB storage, may sell around this price point, or a little higher.