Egreat A9 with HDMI and 3.5″ SATA Bay powered by Mstar MSO9810
Egreat A9 was first shown in spring last year with a Realtek RTD1195 processor but now Egreat A9 has Mstar MSO9810 quad core processor, and features an HDMI input port with PVR capabilities, but adds an internal 3.5″ SATA bay, double the internal storage (16GB eMMC), as well as a Gigabit Ethernet port.
- SoC – Mstar MSO9180-DB2 quad core Cortex A9 processor up to 1.5GHz with an ARM
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + 3.5″ internal SATA bay
- Video Output / Input – HDMI 1.4b output up to 4K30, HDMI input (1080p) with PVR support
- Audio I/O – HDMI Out and In, and optical S/PDIF
- Video Containers & Codecs
- DAT, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, VOB, ISO, AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, FLV, MKV, M2TS, MTS, M4V, WMV, ASF
- 3D Video – FramePackaging 3D, Left / Right Side-by-Side 3D, Up / Down Side-by-Side 3D, Checkerboard
- 4K/2K H.265/HEVC hardware decoding
- Audio Support
- DD/DD+/Dolby True-HD/DTS/DTS-HD MA/MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/OGA/FLAC/ALAC/APE/AAC
- Audio Pass-Through – Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (MT7632 module), Bluetooth 4.0. Dual external antennas.
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0 host ports.
- Misc – IR receiver, power button, (firmware) update pinhole, LCD display and buttons on front panel, fan
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 198 x 199 x 60 mm (Aluminum enclosure)
- Weight – 1.19 kg
The device runs Android 4.4. It ships with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, a user’s manual, and a warranty card. With USB 3.0, SATA, and Gigabit Ethermet, it could be used as a NAS too, although the firmware might not support it, and you may have to use third-party apps.
Egreat A9 costs about €150 online, a price higher than the models based on the same SoC (as Zidoo X9) also due to different hardware equipment. Its data sheet provides 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB eMMC, HDMI 1.4b up to 4K @ 30 fps, SPDIF, WiFi n, Bluetooth 4.0 and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 to top it all. Given the hard drive option, there is a small fan for heat dissipation.