Prices for Android TV boxes based on Rockchip RK3188 are getting ridiculously low, probably because some people are getting rid off stocks. After MK918 that sells for about $50 , MK813 is another quad core Android media player with 1 to 2 GB RAM, 8GB flash, and a 2MP camera that you can buy for $46.80 on Aliexpress (1GB RAM) from a seller with decent feedback, and that includes shipping. The 2GB RAM version sells for $51.32.
MK813 Specifications (also known as KD812):
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad Cortex-A9 CPU @ 1.6 GHz + Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 1 or 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + Micro SD slot (Up to 32GB)
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with external antenna, Bluetooth 2.1
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI + AV output jack
- USB – 2x USB host ports + 1x micro USB OTG + 1 x micro USB for power
- Camera – 2MP webcam
- Misc – Power LED, reset/recovery button
- Power – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 9.6 cm x 7.8 cm x 2.4 cm
- Weight – 58 grams
The box runs Android 4.2.2, and ships with an HDMI Cable, a power adapter with a USB cable. The firmware image (November 2013) is available for download according to some Freaktab users. One important features commonly found on Android TV Boxes is lacking: Ethernet. Compared to MK918 which can be found for a few dollars more, MK813 also lacks an IR receiver, so it’s not shipped with an IR remote control, not can it support one, there’s no optical S/PDIF audio output, and Bluetooth is limited to version 2.1. However, it adds a camera and features a micro USB OTG port. I could only find one seller on Aliexpress that provides the box for about $50, and others sell it for $60 to $80, as do DealExtreme and GeekBuying.