Indian company Notion Ink generated a lot of buzz (if not necessarily a lot of happy customers) with its first tablet. Now the company’s taking another stab at the tablet space with the Adam II tablet, which is now available in India. The price is in Rupees, and the order page is only accepting Indian addresses. If you’ve got room in Link’s wallet, the Wi-Fi version is RS16,499 (about $265), and the 3G version is RS18,999 ($305).
The Adam II is a 10 inch Android tablet with a 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 dual core processor, a 1280 x 800 pixel display, up to 10 hours of battery life, and slim, black and white secondary displays on the side of the tablet that lets you see notifications and other information even when the tablet’s resting on a tablet with the screen off.
Adam II that comes in the form of a secondary display built into the tablet’s side. This “super-twisted nematic” screen is just large enough to display notifications and contextual information in black and white, sort of like a title for a magazine or book.
- CPU – 1.5Ghz dual-core Cortex A9
- GPU – Quad-core Mali 400
- Display – 10.1″, 1280×800 IPS LCD
- Secondary Display – STN, resolution 100×5
- Touch Panel – Capacitive, Multi-touch, Asahi scratch resistant glass
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n
- BlueTooth – 4.0
- 3G – Optional
- Internal memory – 8GB
- RAM – 1GB DDR3
- External Memory – Micro-SD card slot, supports up to 32GB
- Camera – 3.15MP, back and front, 720p video recording
- Sound system 1.0W dual front facing speakers
- Mini-HDMI – 1.4b
- Headphone Jack – 3.5mm
- USB – High speed micro USB 2.0(OTG)
- Battery – 6000mAh Lithium Polymer ion
- Operating System – Android 4.2.2
- Audio playback – MP3,FLAC,AAC, WAV
- Video playback – 1080p, MP4, H263, MPEG-4, MKV