Xiaomi introduces MiWiFi router (NAS) powered by Broadcom BCM4709
Xiaomi prsented further details about new Mi router (MiWifi), and the box shown below turns out to be an 802.11 NAS (Network Access Storage) powered by Broadcom BCM4709 dual core Cortex A9 Wi-Fi 802.11ac SoC.
The router comes in a wooden box, includes a screwdriver, anti-static gloves, and a series of components you can put together yourself. You won’t have to do any soldering, but the router is still a bit more DIY than most products on the market.
- SoC – Broadcom BCM4709 dual-core Cortex A9 processor @ 1 GHz
- System Memory – 256MB DDR3
- Storage – SATA interface with 1TB Hard drive
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- Dual band WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz)
- NFC (at the top of the device)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – Fan for cooling
At this point Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra says the company is beta testing the Mi router — it’s going out to 500 beta testers. It’s not clear if or when larger quantities will be made available.